Exploring Investment Opportunities
The business and Start-up landscape in Mauritius and the African continent is offering unmatched investment opportunities. This masterclass will provide a synopsis of angel investment and will touch upon the entire investment spectrum from valuation, due diligence, negotiation, post-investment monitoring and finally the exit strategies. Participants will get a practical overview of early stage investing, including do’s and don’ts, as well as, benefit from a wealth of real life scenarios.
What you will gain?
- Learn from experts with vast tract records in Africa and Europe, on how to get amazing returns from a high yield investment portfolio
- Understand the critical role angels play in working with start-ups to scale internationally and ultimately exit
- Join a network of high net worth investors and like-minded professionals to benefit from a wealth of knowledge in investment trends
- Free access to the 3-day high level INDIA – AFRICA ENTREPRENEURSHIP & INVESTMENT SUMMIT (16 -18 Aug 2019) to meet investors, business leaders and prominent entrepreneurs from India, Africa and other emerging countries, to discuss investment opportunities
- Fundamentals of business angel investing and opportunities in Africa and other emerging markets
- Overview of angel investing in the investment landscape
- Who can be a business angel/how can local investors get started?
- Exploring the risks in angel investing for Africa in particular
- Assessing the financial life of a start-up
- How to get 25% annual returns on your investment?
- Non-financial rewards of being a business angel
- How does angel investing work?
- Sourcing and identifying high potential opportunities
- Evaluating entrepreneurs/start-ups and picking the right ones to back
- Negotiating win/win relationships with entrepreneurs
- Closing deals after valuation and due diligence of the start-up’s claims
- Angel investments rounds and their forms
- Equity (ordinary, preferred, convertible, etc.)
- Debt (convertible notes, discounted convertible notes, secured or unsecured loan, etc.)
- Setting the deal terms and what to prioritise in angel term sheets?
- The different categories of terms: Offer, Compliance, Shareholding, General
- Post investment governance and deal monitoring
- Managing your portfolio and exit strategies
- Monitoring your companies/portfolio
- Making follow-on investments & adding value to your investment
- Serving on a company board
- Exit Strategies from successful ventures: when a company fails or when a company is acquired