Empretec Mauritius is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation whose goal is to contribute to private sector and Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) development in the country. This Enterprise Africa (EA) initiative backed by the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) was set up in 2000 to execute EA’s intervention in Mauritius.
EMS Consulting is the project manager for Empretec Mauritius, which is structured as a project supported and implemented by a consortium of key stakeholders including Government, SME support agencies and private sector organisations, under a cooperation agreement with EA.
Mission & Vision
Promoting entrepreneurship excellence, socio-economic empowerment and sustainable development
<<<Mission to be defined>>>>
Empretec Mauritius has been established to:
- Build capacities of entrepreneurs for socio-economic empowerment;
- Help SMEs compete in liberalising and globalising markets by fostering entrepreneurship, innovation and business linkages;
- Provide SMEs with value-added services and support, such as franchising, export market development, benchmark information and international best practices;
- Improve the development prospects and opportunities to enable a solid and competitive supply capacity in the beneficiary country; and
- Promote social and economic activities for the reduction of poverty and social well-being.